Friday 1 April 2011

9. Final Question by Rachel Nolan.

9. What was your contribution to the process during the planning, production and post production stages?


I contributed to every stage of our film, as did Conor and Niall.
To begin with for the planning I drew up two of the storyboards out of the four, I composed the script on my own for our film,  I and Conor produced a powerpoint outlining our ideas for our film and then presented it to the class. I also watched a horror film every week to gain ideas for our own films and to understand the conventions of a psychological horror, from this I would do a textual analysis sheet and these can be seen on the blog. I also went to the first location to fill in the recee shit with Conor, this helped us to gain an idea of what the location could offer us for our film and the strengths and limitations of it. Furthermore for the planning I took test shots of our actress, with before make - up and costume and then after too, this helped us to gain an idea of what she would look like in our film.
The image below is an example of one of the storyboards I completed for the planning process of our film:














For the production of our film I was also greatly involved. I went along to every shoot, helping to take the equipment from college to our location, then helping to set up and actually film. For the production I would say we all took a pretty much equal role and all did what we were good at. Generally Conor would film, with me helping, whilst I would instruct and oversee what is happening - making sure we avoided any continuity and technical errors. I would ensure we followed our step outlines as best we could and kept to our film outline, I think if I had not of done this then we could of gone slightly off track and our film would not have turned out how we had anticipated.
Below is an example of our film outline that I tried to follow when we were filming:












Finally for the post production stages I took a major role. I helped to edit our film each week, rendering each clip, cutting them up etc, whilst Niall focused more on our music on GarageBand. I also updated our blog each week, noting our progress etc and what we were achieving in each session. I also came in twice outside of lesson to ensure our film was finished and to the highest standard possible, this involved trying to find any continuity errors and cutting it down so it was the correct time. As a group we would meet up to work on our film and regularly keep in contact so we knew what one another were doing and how far along our film was.

This shot shows our film on iMovie and the editing box on the right hand side which I used to lighten and darken each specific shot of our movie, it also shows how the music from Garageband has been added on to our film and each shot that we had to edit.






Overall I feel that I contributed a lot to each stage of our film, helping with everything to the best of my ability and taking control over certain aspects in each stage when it was necessary as other people weren't. I feel we worked well as a group and our film is a success because of this and without each one of us it would not have worked as we all contributed different skills and commitment to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment